Friday 13 January 2012

Le chemin le moins fréquenté...

Strange monument in the woods, 
miles from the nearest village or main road.

Enormous derelict chateau along a quiet country road. 
I had the place to myself - In the hour I looked around for, only one car passed by.



Garmin's shortest 'road'


Taking the lesser used road you definitely end up seeing the most interesting things. I did bring with me a GPS however I soon realised it obviously has a tendency to lead you down the fastest, most direct, and therefore generally uninteresting roads available. Changing the settings to 'shortest route' is a good change up and will shortcut you along some great minor roads (on a 125, its not even any slower), however be warned, what the satnav may class as a road may not be exactly what you had in mind! For me, I have found it best to just drive roughly in the right direction, using road signs and taking whichever roads look interesting, only referring to the satnav when really lost - which is surprisingly barely ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment